Sunday, October 18, 2009

Last year I went on a low carb diet and lost 25 lbs. I was pleased, but by December I'd had enough. So this year I gained back 15 lbs. Not a good cycle! In fear of gaining back everything I'd worked so hard to lose, I have been on a quest for a more sustainable weight loss program.
I've listened to seminars on CDs while I commute, started a weight management class--all kinds of expensive things!--and I have learned a lot. Or at least been reminded of a lot. It's not rocket science: it's mostly just common sense. Still, I am glad certain things have been pointed out to me, brought to my attention.
I'm no expert, but I have a lot of ideas to share and have met a lot of people who are looking for this kind of information. Hence, the blog. I've never blogged before, and I don't really know what I'm doing, but I thought it would be worth a try. Not all these ideas will work for everyone, but my hope is that everyone who visits this blog regularly will find something useful, experience a certain sense of solidarity with other visitors, maybe share some of her own ideas, and end up feeling informed and supported--and hopefully motivated!

2 comments:

  1. After seeing you Tess, I went on a similar diet of eating more frequently and eating less bread, rice and pasta. My husband lost 23 pounds, I lost about 18. I put back on about 8 to 10 pounds and would like to get the rest off. Been walking in the mornings, but need to push that more, but can rarely find the time, maybe I just need to MAKE the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES, so hard to find the time! I know. My biggest dilemma, too. I had to make commitments outside of my normal routine to MAKE some extra time, like to sign up for the weight management class at Dominican, to register for this 10K. If it's actually on the calendar as an appointment (and something I paid for), it seems a lot more legitimate. Short of that, if you're already walking, can you add 5 more minutes to your walking routine? If that works, can you add 5 more? Can you run instead of walk for 5 minutes? Are you free for 4 mile dog walks/runs with me in Henry Cowell on Mondays? Anyway, stick with me, kid. We are on the same path!

    ReplyDelete